Leading up to Expo 2017 starting next month in Astana, Khabar24 aired a segment on the Sacramento STEM Fair which occurred in March. Journalists interviewed students with projects on drought resistant soil, hydrogen based fuel, quantum levitation, and biofuels.
I just completed field production for a terrific reporting tour with journalists from Khabar24 news in Kazahstan. We toured Sacramento, Davis, and Berkeley, California and Austin and San Antonio, Texas. Not only did we succeed in getting compelling interviews about the robust renewable energy industries in California and Texas but we received a warm welcome at every stop. Khabar24‘s energy coverage will lead up to the World Expo 2017 in Astana. The reporting trip is a partnership between the Foreign Press Center at the US State Department, the US Embassy in Astana, and Khabar24.
Some of the many stops we made along the way include:
- California Department of Energy’s Commissioner on Renewables, David Hochschild
- Elliott Ranch Elementary School
- Sustainable Transportation Energy Pathways (STEPS), University of California, Davis
- Renewable and Appropriate Energy Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley
- ABC10, Sacramento
- Cosumnes Oaks High School
- California Independent System Operator
- Sacramento STEM Fair
- Kaiba White, President of the Board of Solar Austin
- Georgetown, Texas
- Energy Institute, University of Texas, Austin
- Build San Antonio Green
- OCI Solar